Saturday, August 6, 2011

"The Iron Knight" by Julie Kagawa review


Title: “The Iron Knight”

Series: #4 The Iron Fey

Author: Julie Kagawa

Publisher: Harlequin

Publish Date: October 18th 2011



 This is an epic finale to one of my favorite series!

       Riveting, exciting, intoxicating, breath taking, adventurous, heartbreaking, and a sigh of an ending! You will be thrown into many loops that’ll leave your head spinning, or with a tad bit of an concussion afterwards. When you think it couldn’t get any worse, it does, when you think it couldn’t get any better, it does. As I said, so many loops are within this book.

You’ll find yourself begging for it to not to end! But yet, the ending you cannot miss or avoid. It swirls you in many circles of closure and heartbreak that it takes your breath away. If you don’t want to cry, don’t read it. You’ll even find yourself feeling sorry for the “bad” guy. By the end I did not have dry eyes.



In this epic finale, you’ll discover more about Ariella and Ash’s past and the relationship that they had. And the real reason why by her death almost tore Ash apart completely. And why he was so determined to kill Puck by that oath. You even discover his feelings behind that oath. And also you’ll get a look into Puck and Ash’s friendship.



Ash’s past is dark, darker than I ever pegged him for. If you thought he was a smug puppy in the last books, that had a heart, and wanted to be good within the Unseelie court. You thought wrong. At one point he was just as bad as his brother Rowan. Yes, he may have more of a heart than the rest of the Winter fey, but in the long run he was just as bad as they were. His past is dark.

But even through all of that, you find yourself falling more and more for Ash through the book. You get to understand him to a whole other level. You get to see Ash’s life through his eyes. His most beloved ones—some you know and some you thought wouldn’t be considered a loved one to Ash—you get to see how protective and what he thinks of them for real.



Ash is thrown through a trial at every single corner he takes. You feel the mental, imaginary slap every time he is slapped with another tribulation. It hurts even more each time. I felt for him so intimately, that it even pained me.



A reader will even find their self falling for Puck more on the way as well. He’s such a comical relief that it is so funny, that you’re rolling from side to side at him in laughter. If I didn’t like Puck before, I love him now. He even had some “Ron Weasley’ moments with “Spiders, why does it always have to be spiders? I had tears in my eyes with laughter at that quote! I had a flash of “Chamber of Secrets” there!



There will be a giant surprise. Watch out, it’s a punch in the gut! It’s something that you would never guess from a million miles away. It sent me into orbit and I was really shocked. Just be prepared.

The ending is very satisfying and in a level of a heartbreak as well. There’s a dull ache in me still about the ending. Let’s say there is a painful choice of yet another person that Ash loves, that’ll haunt him for the rest of his life in a aching sort of way. Along with other haunting voices of the past he’ll have to endure.



This has been an addictive read. I could barely put it down! I lost a night’s sleep because of this book. I haven’t gotten hold of book like this in a long while!



Amazing job, Julie! I hope you’ll write more epic books like this in the future! I would be honored to read them gladly!


      I rate this book five stars!



     

No comments:

Post a Comment