Tuesday, March 8, 2011

SHEESH, no wonder I know almost NOTHING about English Lit! This sucks MONKEY BALLS!

I have discovered...WV public school's SUCK monkey balls! Like Captial High School, George Washington High School, and Stonewall Jackson Middle school. (The schools I actually attended within the two years I went.)
Well in the week and a half, I have been attending a GED center, so I can move forward and get my GED around May. And I've been taking English classes down there for fun, I don't really need them because my GED-OPT (Official Practice Test) score was pretty high. I'm supposed to only take Math classes, because my score in that was very low.
BUT anyways, as I said, I'm taking some extra English classes down there. Come to find out, I can BARELY understand the words the teacher is saying! Spitting out these proper English grammar terms, I have never heard before! Repetitive, paraellel sentences, and ect... I'm like "Whaa?" I have NEVER heard my English teachers in school ever utter these terms.
So I have been discussing with the teacher Pati, and she and me came to the conclusion that WV public school cirriculum has cut out proper grammar teachings. It may not be the teacher's fault, but it's the lessons that they are to teach. When I was in school, we mainly stayed to reading, Shakesphere, and Edgar Allan Poe. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE reading that stuff. But really? It's not going to help me with writing wise, EVER in my life.
No WONDER I know NOTHING of English.

So my teacher has let me barrow this 1981 book of grammar and usage. "English 2600 A Programmed Course & Usage-College Edition." So hopefully once I get through this book I'll have somewhat knowledge of what I am doing!

I know, I know, high school grammar, really doesn't comply to writing books and stuff. But it does derive from it, and maybe I'll be better and on my way to writing my books the right way.

However, it just makes me sick at how nowaday schools barely skim education. NEVER explain anything to the students, even when we actually LISTEN! ERGH!

Anyways, off to study, study, and study!

Byes!

With lots of love, Kristia S.<3<3<3
God Bless<3<3<3
1 Peter 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment