Monday, January 31, 2011

My GoodReads review on "The Iron King." by Julie Kagawa. XD

The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1)The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This review may contain spoilers! But not direct ones so far.







(My review)



Beautiful world, characters, monsters, love interests, and description. This book has me HOOKED! I love Meghan's journey, even if she's a damsel in distress all the way through, but that's building her character through the events to make her stronger for future events. She's a strong main character considering she's always getting in trouble, she wouldn't make it through them is she wasn't.

Puck, he's such a witty and contagious character that I can't help but laugh and adore. He's a cutie. :D I want him for myself! MINE!

Speaks to Puck if he's real somewhere: "Puck will you marry me? So we can make pretty, smart, comic, and faery babies together? I'm WILLING to live in the NeverNever with you!"

haha

He'd look at me like I'm crazier than him.

Anyways, I LOVE the cait sith Grimalkin. I would LOVE to have a cat like him live with me! It would be AWESOME! But I wouldn't strike any favors with him. ;) I wouldn't want to have to give up my first born child to him. :/ But, anyways, he's such a cute character that anyone would like.

Ash, oh my, Ash. -sighs- I've fell in LOVE with him. I cannot help it! I do ADORE Puck, but I have to say I LOVE Ash more. (Considering he's got a hotter name) He seems like the guy of any girl's dream, prince, sexy, broody, and a bad boy. But he has a deeper, sweeter, and kind side underneath his rough texture that only reveals himself with Meghan. And that's ultra sweet, and a big turn on for me on him. I'm a sucker for those type of guys.

The fighting, the NeverNever, Arcadia, Tir Na Nog, and the Iron Court. It's all a contagious read! It's so very different and I would recommend this to anyone that loves, Science fiction/Fantasy/Forbidden Romance/Love Triangles/Faeries/. This book will be for you! I know it was for me!





(My deep concerns, considering the series)





BUT I cannot help but feel in my bones that this series isn't going to end happy for my favorite couple. :/ Meghan and Ash.  </3 That's the reason why I'm not going to finish reading the series until all of them are out, in meaning waiting until November for "The Iron Knights" which will be told in Ash's perspective to what I have heard. I have heard spoilers (well I went searching for spoilers, that's just how I am.), and I'm not liking what I hear happens in "The Iron Queen." :/ I'm a reader that's all about happy endings, I get enough of unhappy endings in reality, so in books that I read I want to have happy endings. So I want a spoiler if this series is going to end happy or unhappy. If it's happy I'll go and read the rest of the books in a day! If unhappy--I'll forget about the books and pretend that they don't exist. I'm a big coward of unhappy endings, I can't help it, unhappy endings haunts me. :/




Well this is my review and comments on this genius book by Julie Kagawa! AMAZING stuff!!!





With lots of love, Kristia S.<3<3<3


God Bless<3<3<3


1 Peter 4:10<3<3<3


(Read about my journeys through writing, religion, books, and just the pureness of my life on my blog. -link below-)



Blog: http://xokristeeauhox.blogspot.com/ (Hope you come by and visit!)





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment