Friday, January 14, 2011

In the past year...but I still have a long way to go.

In this past year of really devoting myself to my writing. With me by signing up onto inkpop.com on 01.10.10. I honestly had no idea about writing at all, I just thought it was all about throwing words together and go on with it. But now I appreciate it more, and see the artistic aspect to it more profoundly. I'm not just telling the story but I am showing it too. You see here blogger, I mainly wrote dialogue back in the day. I thought the story was mainly based around dialogue. *shrugs* I didn't know no better, I barely had common knowledge concerning English lit. I never paid enough attention in school, I wish I did, but I didn't. :/ Bummer. Even though I've always loved English, I guess I thought the mechanics of it was boring.

Anyways, as I was saying...
I just looked back on some of my old writing. And yes that includes most of "Time With Seleste." I notice how much my style has changed, the punctuations, grammar, and wait for it--description! In the last two to three months I have been adding more description to my writing. Less dialogue, and more description. I'm actually starting to balance it! I'm astounded! I'm kind of sick after I read some of my old stuff. :/ Kind of ashamed really. :/ Gahh...

ANYWHO, I think I've grown as a writer this past year. I'm not perfect, (trust me, I'm not even close to that, I'm closer to Pluto than perfect) but I am improving in a slow pace unfortunately. But at least I'm improving. :D

Inkpop is to thank, everyone on there, especially Hannah, JannetteGwen, and Zoey. By watching their projects grow and their writing come to life, their encouraging words and all of that, it's inspired and motivated me to become a better writer. I don't think I would be this close to being better without that site or the friends I have gained through it. XD

Well anyways, I thought I would get that thought into a post tonight--well this morning.

Off to write on "Time With Seleste-Destiny" (Yes, I'm finally getting back to it! Twenty-six is coming along!)

Goodnight-well morning, bloggers!

With lots of love, Kristia S.<3<3<3
God Bless<3<3<3
1 Peter 4:10<3<3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment