Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Oh to ye wrapping paper! How do thou hate ye! (Busy, busy, busy)

I have wrapped until I cannot wrap no more!!

I have been literally swamped with wrapping up my nephew's gifts. (Gifts that we thought we weren't going to able to afford. Explain later.)

Okay before I get to the wrapping catastrophy! I'll get onto other things.

Reasons I haven't been online or been able to respond to everyone or even write for the past week or so. Well...Tuesday I went shopping with my youth pastor and cousin at K-Mart, fetching $149.00 worth of presents for homeless kids down at sojurners. I never knew how hard it was to shop for an eleven year old girl! (I consider that the awkward age. Stuck between being a tom-boy and being introduced to the world of make-up and being girly. So it could go either way, and I had no idea really what to get.) Oh and don't get me started on teenaged boys, which was even more hard. We were going to get them some skateboards, BUT they were like thirity dollars a piece. So we had to settle with some balls. Shopping for kids was fun, the toys put my generation of toys to SHAME! I never knew how pregressed toys was these days until I started playing around with them that day! Like those Zhu-Zhu pets? Those things are awesome (Even though they remind me of those little cat toys, that kitties chased around the house. lol. )
Okay afterwards, I had to go play camera person and director for a scene that my youth group's Christmas Cantata/Play. We went to an actual train station and filmed the scene in the flippin cold! And the cars passing above our heads on the bridge that was over the station and tracks, well let's brrr...more cold air came swamping down on us. My cheeks turned red, my hands felt like blocks of ice, I could barely press the buttons on my video camera. It was fun, don't get me wrong. I got to hang out with my awesome youth pastor-Curtis, my cousin-Ashley, and my good friend-Andre. We had a blast, laughed a lot, and went out to eat twice. Mcdonalds around noon and Ginos around four o'clock.
Wednesday, cantata pratice and youth lesson. Same ole' same ole', but I was still tired from the day before. And I was still editing the videos I was doing for the play.
Thursday and Friday, I was online and you guys may have ran into me. LOL.
Saturday, play pratice. Then around one or two we went to the kid's homeless shelter. VERY SAD. I wanted to cry at seeing so many kids there. Some were only like just months old! It was so sad. Then afterwards, the whole youth group got taken to McDonalds. Me I had a number fourteen "Swiss Mushroom." YUMMY. lol. Well we were leaving, going to be a long time getting all of the youth group home. Because where they lived all over the place. We had literally twenty of our teens that day to go. Well we pulled out of the parking lot, and all the sudden, "HEY! THERE'S JOSEPH RUNNING!" we all look out the window, there comes skinny jeaned Joseph running over snow pile after my youth pastor's Yukon (BTW, total Gas drinker. I stalked the gas meter the whole day.). His excuse was "I was taking a crap!" *chills* Then Curtis goes on a ramble about how he left a boy in Marrietta Ohio, back in the day. That he had to travel back three hours to go get the kid. (This is before cell phone time.) Then he went on about how that boy grew up to moved to San Fran and turned gay. Literally...

Me, Laura, Brandy, and Tessa. In the Church's
bathroom getting ready for the play.
We love taking pictures. <3
I love my girlies!
Then SUNDAY, all day pratice from 9:00 A.M until curtains down that night after the actual play. I was the narrator in some parts, and I had a time seeing my lines on the projector screen on the back wall. It was fuuny, I probably looked like an old woman with my glasses down my nose trying to see the words. And then I had a few acting parts, consisting of a preppy part saying "TOTALLY!" and then writing a letter to God. It was nerve racking knowing that one hundred and thirty five people showed up. IT WAS AWESOME!


Me and Kara.
I <3 her so much!
 Then MONDAY, my whole day consisted if wrapping up thirty-nine presents for my three nephews. My Momal helped of course, but still it was some hard work. I'm sick of wrapping paper. The funny thing is about how we didn't think the kids wouldn't have much of a Christimas this year is...well my brother in law lost his job six months ago. We were only going to get about two or three presents a piece. Well my nephew's school found out about this and funded them some money from a coal miners donation for poor families. And then a church up in Perryville (I have no idea where that is.) They sent a truck bed load to our house of toys. EXPENSIVE TOYS. I mean like remote controled trucks and motorcycles. And some clothes. So my nephews will have an fufulling Christmas Saturday.

Well I thought I would ramble about my week to you guys! And ALSO! Check this beauty out that my inkie bestie Hannah made for her character I'm basing off her!

GORGEOUS ISN'T IT???? Her character's name is Ria Malone and she's a Fire Fae/Sprite.
Oh how much I want to draw or make something for my friend! I just can't think of anything really! I thought I'd attempt to draw her character based off this photo manip I did a little bit ago.








But I want to do something more. :/ I guess I'll think up something. Maybe I'll break out one of my other hidden talents. lol. Yeah...TALENTS. lol. NOT.





Well gotta get to bed. I have to go to Krogers and get some stuff before Christmas, and then Church. We are going to be partying! LOL.

Night night!

With lots of love, Kristia S.<3<3<3
God Bless<3<3<3
1 Peter 4:10<3<3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment